The accounting process involves recording, interpreting, classifying, analyzing, reporting and summarizing financial data.
Our services are industry agnostic so we support businesses that range from professional services firms and VC-funded startups to small businesses and sole proprietors.
Our team is comprised of Silicon Valley Accounting Solutions employees in the United States, so your financial data is never relegated to subcontractors or sent overseas.
Some reasons businesses outsource their accounting to us include:
- Lack of accounting processes & procedures
- Inability to forecast or budget
- Inaccurate or late financial reporting
- Personnel churn, lack of internal expertise and even theft
- Poor or non-existent accounting technology integrations
- Full range of accounting services
- Set-up, clean-up, and maintain compliant books
- Custom service package to address your specific needs
- Training for you to do as much of the work as you choose
- You don't have to manage the process - saving time and money
- Timely and reliable service
- Accounting set up to serve management and board of directors
- Non-profit-specific reporting
- Budget/Forecast creation and maintenance
- Interface with auditors and Form 990 preparers
- Customized reporting for grants and other funding sources
- Creation of statements of activities, financial position and cash flow
- Full range of accounting services “as needed”
- Funding events & BoD projections/presentations
- Maintenance of Cap Table
- Consistency of reports across portfolio
- Annual valuation of portfolio for tax reporting
- Interface with tax preparers for K-1 issue
- Solid controls and processes to allow for growth
- Manual data entry from receipts, vendor bills, or bank statements
- Direct download of transactions from bank and credit cards
- Interface shopping cart or third-party billing software to accounting books
- Automatic posting of customer payments via ACH
- Upload from payroll service provider
- Journal entries
- Reconcile to all outside financial statements
- Post recurring non-cash items (depreciation, amortization of prepaids, interest accruals, etc.)
- Verify make-up of ending balances in all Balance Sheet accounts
- Compare results to Budget, Forecast, and/or prior periods
- Calculate Gross Margin by product or line of business
- Produce standard financial statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Generate client-specific reports
- Run reports required by tax and/or audit teams
- Post actual results to Budget/Forecast
- Review all results with client
- Update Forecast from client input
Done this before?
We have. Hundreds of times. GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles), best practices, accounting education and experience - is why you want to engage us.
Want to do it better?
One of our favorite things to do is to educate our clients so they can reclaim the accounting and finance function internally – with confidence in the timeliness and accuracy of their abilities.
Don’t want to deal with it?
Don’t sweat the details. We ask the right questions; understand your needs; and deliver results. It’s what we do. You won’t have to manage the process or participate any more than you choose.
While we serve clients around the world, as our name suggests, Silicon Valley is our home. If you’re looking for accounting services in San Jose and the surrounding Bay Area, you’ve come to the right place!
Silicon Valley Accounting Solutions provides Bookkeeping, Controllership, and CFO-level support. Whether you’re starting a new business and need a little help setting up a user-friendly accounting system – or a well-established company that wants to outsource your entire accounting and finance department, we’re ready to serve.
It might be easy to find someone to handle the bookkeeping for your business, but have you gone that route before and not gotten what you wanted? And how much time did you spend managing the process? Wouldn’t you prefer to engage with a team that brings education, experience, and a collaborative effort to your bookkeeping and accounting needs in San Jose? Tell us what kind of reports you want to see on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis and we’ll deliver.
Any job requires the right tools. Accounting is no different. We use the tools that are best for your business.
"Silicon Valley Accounting Solutions worked on QuickBooks file size reduction project for us. It was very successful and we were satisfied with the result very much. They are very professional, reliable, knowledgeable, and organized. I definitely recommend SVAS if you need help or support with QuickBooks."
"Jen is awesome! Jen is an invaluable resource for my practice. She makes QB so easy to use and she is able to set right all the mess that I often make. I would absolutely recommend her to all small businesses. It’s a huge relief to know the true state of your business’ financials and you want nothing but the best."
"Jen is very professional. She’s a joy to work with. She taught me all about QuickBooks. I could not have kept my books without her. I highly recommend Jen."
"When I did a search for ‘accounting san jose’, I found lots of CPA firms and tax preparers. Maybe I searched for the wrong thing because what I really needed was someone to create a balance sheet and cash flow statement for my small business. More importantly, I needed someone that could walk me through these types of financial reports on a monthly basis. When I called SVAS, I could tell right away that they knew what they were talking about. I’ve been a loyal customer now for more than five years!"