QuickBooks: Customizing the Icon Bar
QuickBooks is equipped with many helpful tools. The icon bar is intended for easy access to frequently used QuickBooks functions and you can customize it to display the functions you use most often. Access to “customize icon bar” is located under ‘View’ on the menu bar or you can right click anywhere on the icon bar and select “Customize Icon Bar”.
Add an Icon:
- In the customize Icon Bar window, click on the ‘Add’ button. The Add Icon Bar Item window will appear on the screen.
- Select the “Add Services to QuickBooks” by clicking on the name. QuickBooks will have suggested an icon and label but you can changed this too, if you wish.
- Click ‘OK’ and the icon will be added to the bar.
- If you would like to move the icon to appear in a different location, select the icon in the Customize Icon Bar window (above)
- Place the cursor on the diamond image to the left and drag the icon to the desired place.
Edit an Icon:
- In the Customize Icon Bar window select the Edit button.
- The Edit Icon Bar Item window will appear where you can edit the picture and label that are displayed in the icon bar.
- On the right side is a column of pictures, just click on the one that you would like to display.
- In the Label box you can change the name of the icon to better suite you preference.
Delete an Icon:
- In the Customize Icon Bar window select the icon that you do not use on a regular basis.
- Make sure the icon that you want to delete is highlighted, then click the Delete button.
- Click OK to save the changes.